Sunday, May 11, 2008
Vier
So what do you get when you have metal against metal rubbing for thirteen years straight? Slowly wearing down gears till they finally don't work together anymore and are balder than my unfortunate head. One of the main gears decided it had had enough of making the rakes in the Lauter Tun at "my brewery of employment" go round. The Lauter Tun is where all the grains for the beer go before I take the liquid out to boil. The rakes spin around in the Lauter Tun to make sure the grains don't settle to much and cause channeling with the flow of the water(Lesson ends.) Next question, who's the lowest guy on the totem poll? Me. What does that provide me to do? Shovel said grains out of this Lauter Tun. 2000 Kg(whatever that is in Lb's(Our brewmaster is from the Philippines so everything is metric(stupid Western hemisphere))) of dry milled grains. Now just add water to double the weight for shits and giggles. Insert brewer with shovel. Let the calamity and insanity commence. 3 hours later, 1 numb back, 30 pounds of water lose from my body(it's a small steel vessel with what used to be 76 degree Celsius water in it, you can imagine the humidity) and a locked right hand from holding a shovel. I guess I'm just a little wuse than. Still, I don't want to have to do that on a regular basis. I hate being the FNG. Oh yeah, drink Clipper City, there's a lot of love spewing from every bottle I'll tell you because I made it. This will be the job that kills me. (the beer IS good though, trust me on that one.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment