Thursday, May 8, 2008

zwei

There is something to be said about going with the flow, enjoying what other people run to, but I just have never been one of those people. Or maybe I'm just not around people who like what I like. I seem to have this little voice inside my head that goes "You don't want to like that because everyone else likes that." Or maybe I really just don't like what the majority of people like. I'm weird, probably always have been. My father made sure I thought for myself, which sometimes works but more times not. What it seems to affect is my choice of pop culture. The shows I watch, the music I buy, it all ends up fading quickly because there isn't much following. I guess I have what you call a "cult following" interest. Does this make me feel good? Only when I can introduce something to someone when they have never heard of it. Mainly it makes me feel lost.
I have a huge CD collection which has, as of late, grown very, very slowly. I just can't find anything new that gets me interested; Even new material by groups/bands that have been around for a very long time. I have a lot of one and done groups. They released one album and were never heard from again. Anyone seen a new "Giles" CD?
It's hard for me to even play games like Rock Band because I generally don't like the groups they include on the play list. Of course you'd have a really hard time singing to a drum and bass song. The drummer would probably lose an arm.
I haven't purchased a new DVD in god knows how long. Movies these days are poorly written or poorly written remakes. It saddens me. Some days I wish I could go out and buy the new Nickelback CD but it would probably make me rip my ears off and mail them to my brother in New Zealand with a note "You hear me NOW?" note attached. Pop culture seems to have a small place for me in it's ever growing library. I was a Genesis video game player when all my friends had a Nintendo. Maybe I should start growing my hair out(what little I have left) and return to a look I had when I was 3, in the Seventee's like all the kids do today. Maybe I need to stay home and sit in my little room and watch "Kung Pow" again....

No comments: